Where I Found Beauty This Weekend
I’m trying to create a family habit where we all sit down for dinner. At the table, with napkins and actual conversation. I heard about this chit chat starter where instead of the typical “how was your day” everyone talks about their high point and low point. It actually works! It doesn’t matter if the details are ordinary, because what we learn about each other is not.
Which brings me to this. Beauty is all around us, in many forms and will open up for you if you look for it. So, in tribute to high points and low points, here is where I found beauty this weekend.
- A text from my friend saying she just got carded. At 43.
- Mindy Kalig‘s diary
- 5 low tech ways to smarter ideas from Atari founder Nolan Bushnell
- Mick Jagger’s SNL comedy stretch
- RIP Donna Summer & Robin Gibb
- Kristen Wiig leaving SNL
- Me, making out with a half pint of Ben & Jerry’s Steven Cobert’s AmeriCone Dream ice cream. For breakfast.
Have a great week!